If you are a complete beginner, don't worry – all of these programs come with tons of tutorials to start with!
- Adobe Character Animator.
- Toon Boom Harmony.
- Synfig Studio.
How can I learn animation at home for free?5 free online animation courses that you can enrol in while you self-quarantine
- Animating Emotions: Using Movement to Convey a Feeling.
- A Practical Introduction – Modeling and Animation in Blender.
- Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice.
- Animation for Illustration: Adding Movement with Procreate & Photoshop.
Can I self teach myself animation?
Learning 2D animation on your own is very doable. This first of a four part series on the tools of the trade looks at mark making in a digital world.
Can I learn animation at home?
While animation is a complex art that can require years of schooling to perfect, for the hobbyist – and even for some self-taught professionals — it's surprisingly easy to get started from the comfort of your own home and begin producing animations from scratch with just a little studying, hard work, and practice.
What is the easiest free animation software for beginners?
Best Free Animation Software
- Synfig Studio.
- Pencil 2D.
- Plastic Animation Paper.
Best websites and online tools for learning animation
- Training program + peer review. Autodesk Maya.
- Video tutorials. CrazyTalk Animator, Marionette Studio, Photoshop.
- Video tutorials. After Effects, Blender, ToonBoom Studio,
- Video tutorials.
- Online tutorials.
- Video tutorial courses.
If you're looking to try your hand at 3D modeling and animation, the free online course will give you hands-on tips to use Blender, a 3D computer graphics software. You will be developing a strong understanding of the process, learning how to produce motion graphics and much more.
In fact, you don't even need to know how to draw to create 3D animation. The majority of your work will consist of using a computer to manipulate and control characters in the same way you would move a puppet. Drawing is only one of a few ways to “animate” or “bring to life” an object or character.
Learn about the history of the principles and how to incorporate them into your work.
- Use Squash & Stretch to Avoid Stiff Movement.
- Add Anticipation to Your Movement.
- Make Sure All Movement Has Follow Through.
- Add Arcs to Create Natural Movement.
- Ease In and Out of Your Movement.
- Use Your Frames to Create Intentional Timing.
Animation takes a very long time to learn, and it also takes a very long time to do well. You may be working on a single ten-second long animation for weeks and weeks, but that's often what it takes to create great animation. It should never be rushed.
Best free animation software by category
- Clara.io: Best free 3D animation software (browser-based)
- DAZ Studio: Best free 3D animation software.
- OpenToonz: Best free 2D animation program for anime.
- Toontastic 3D: Best free 3D animation app for mobile.
- Stykz: Best free 2D animation software for stick figures.
Best Animation Software for Beginners in 2021 (Free and Paid)
|1||Saola Animate||Windows, macOS|
|2||Adobe Character Animator||Windows, macOS|
|4||Pencil2D||Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD|
As mentioned earlier, animation isn't something learned overnight; it can take a year or even longer before you can really start getting the chops for it. So be patient with yourself and with the overall animation process. Animation takes a very long time to learn, and it also takes a very long time to do well.