First Method: Set Defaults by App
- Go to the taskbar and right-click the Windows icon.
- Select Settings from the list.
- Click Apps.
- Go to the left pane, then choose Default Apps from the list.
- Click the 'Set defaults by app' link.
- Scroll down until you see Microsoft Word.
How do I change the default program for opening files in Windows 10?In File Explorer, right-click on a file whose default program you want to change. Select Open With > Choose Another App. Check the box that says “Always use this app to open . [file extension] files.” If the program you want to use is displayed, select it and click OK.
How do I make Microsoft Word my default?
How to Set Word as the Default to Open Word Documents
- Type "file associations" from the Windows 8 Start screen, click "Settings" and select "Make a File Type Always Open in a Specific Program" from the search results.
- Double-click ".
- Click "Microsoft Word" from the pop-up window to make it the default program.
How do I make Word my default instead of pages?
Change the default layout
- Open the template or a document based on the template whose default settings you want to change.
- On the Format menu, click Document, and then click the Layout tab.
- Make any changes that you want, and then click Default.
How do I change the default app in Windows 11?
Another way to change a default app is to right-click on a file in File Explorer, click Open With (which is more conveniently and consistently the second choice in Windows 11's context menu), and then pick the Choose another app option.
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- You may want your . pdf files, or email, or music to automatically open using an app other than the one provided by Microsoft.
Go to Apps. Click on Default apps. You will find basic apps such as Email, Browser, Music player, etc., that can be set default here. Click on the app (if already set) or click on Choose a default to set or change the default app.
To change default apps in Android, go to Settings > Apps > Default apps and pick which category you want to set a default app for. Then select the app you want to use for this category.
Set Microsoft Office Word as default in Windows 11
Step 1: Open the Windows 11 Settings app. On the left pane, click Apps. Step 2: On the right side, click Default apps. Step 3: Scroll down the apps list to see the Word entry.
On the latest version of stock Android, you need to open up the Settings app, then choose Apps & notifications, then Advanced, then Default apps. All the available categories, like browser and SMS, are listed. To change a default, just tap on the category, and make a new choice.
Step by step process – How to make Word the default program on Mac
- In “Finder” locate the file you want to make Word the default opening program.
- Now right-click on that file.
- Now click on “Get info”.
- Under the “Open with” dropdown, select “Microsoft Word”.
- After that click on “Change All”.
- Finally, click on “Continue”.
Launch System Preferences from the dock, Finder, or by clicking the Apple icon in the Menu bar. Click General at the top left of the window. Click the drop-down next to Default web browser. Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default.
Open the Program Files (x86) folder and open the PDF Complete Folder. Select PDFvista.exe choose open. This will set PDF Complete as your default PDF viewer.
- Locate any .
- Right Click the file.
- Select Open With
- Choose the desired PDF reader.
- Tick the box next to Always use this app to open .
- Click Ok.